|Back to Bookings Page||
Large Group Tea Parties & Buffets
Victorian Style Tearooms
on the B1062 at Mettingham
The first is our ‘Large Group Tea Party’ where guests are seated at either one larger table (if preferred for groups up to 20) or at multiples of our standard tables.
The second option is our 'Afternoon Tea Buffet' (maximum 34), which is an assisted, self-service buffet and is ideal for gatherings of guests who would like to mingle.
Or for that Extra Special Occasion, we have our 'Vintage Tea Parties' available for
A Selection of Mini Cakes
Prices are Per Person arriving at or after 3pm* Maximum 34 people
Gold Menu Option
All Large Group Bookings require a booking form to be signed
For the Large Group Tea Party – All place settings are laid for your arrival. Tiered cake stands are filled with a mixed selection of sandwiches, allowing for one round per person, and home-made fruit scones, halved and smothered with jam and clotted cream (allowing for half a scone per person) plus a selection of mini cakes.
For the Afternoon Tea Buffet – The sandwiches are prepared onto large platters and the cakes and scones are displayed on our tiered china cake stands on a buffet table and guests help themselves. A member of our waiting staff serves tea and coffee to guests from the buffet area and replenishes the food if and when necessary.
A Toast for the Celebration
• Final numbers (over the minimum quoted on the booking form) need to be confirmed at least 48 hours before your event, including any amendments, such as any special dietary requirements
• The total amount payable will be on the basis of the minimum numbers quoted on the booking form, plus any over that amount. If less than your booked number of guests attend, you will still be liable for payment of the full quoted amount, unless you have already contacted us no less than 7 days before your event to decrease your minimum amount. Please remember that your ‘per head’ cost may increase with decreased numbers. (Please refer to the prices above)
• Payment of the balance remaining is required on the day of the event, to include any extras which may have been added by you and/or your guests. (Cash and Credit/Debit cards are accepted on the day. We can only accept cheques drawn on ‘group/association’ accounts.)
• For any booking for 12 or more people, we require 7 days advanced notice of your choice of food if not selecting one of the menus described above.
• Please note that the Tearooms is open for business for other customers whilst any large group bookings are here. Therefore we ask that Groups do not bring their own music or entertainment, or conduct themselves in such a way as to disturb the enjoyment of others in the Tearooms.